Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Custom Fields

Tuned Listener

Opportunity Custom Fields

Hello All:

The implementation I am working includes more than 8 custom fields.  My question is this,  if I add a custom field to the company screen, salesman, for example,  will the salesman be linked to that particular opportunity if I create the opportunity at the company level?

Also, is there any way that I can view the table structure in SQL 2005 without SQL 2005 Management Studio?  It would be really helpfult to see the schema.

Thanks!
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Custom Fields

The limit with opportunities is 8 fields, period. As far as seeing the schema, which really wouldn't help anyways, you would need to purchase the Act Reader utility from Sage (which I believe requires a corporate license of Act!).
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.
Tuned Listener

Thanks for your response.  So does that mean if I want to report off the salesman for opportunties that I have to have a salesman field in the company/contact record and also a custom opportunity field for salesman?
Platinum Elite Contributor

In Opportunity Info tab (when creating a new Opportunity, you have the record manager field.

You can also use the Database Structure report in ACTDIAG to see parts of the database structure