Copper Contributor

Opportunity By Contact Report

Hi All

I need help with a report.

I need to build a report that shows

Contact

Opportunity Name

Products sold

It seem to me that the Opportunity By Contact Report is a good base to start from, however i could not get it done.

Thanks for any help in advance. 

Joseph

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity By Contact Report

As you described it, that report can't be done with the ACT! reports. What you described would require for the opportunity sub-report to have a product sub-report. That simply can't be done. That capability isn't available in the report engine. I've tried to do so by directly editing the template XML code and the report engine doesn't recognize it.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you for putting in so much time,  Roy

Once Sage allowed products & quotes, they opened a can of worms.

I would amagine that Sage will eventually expand that, since future product quote/forcasting would be basic request.

Thanks again

Joseph

Bronze Super Contributor

Joseph,

We have developed an add-on for ACT! called Opportunity List Plus (OLP) that allows users to create a report as you described grouped by contact, then opportunity then product. OLP actually replaces the existing opportunity view with a more robust and manageable view as seen in this screen shot:

http://www.durkincomputing.com/images/ACTAddonsScreens/DCOLP90/Drill%20Down%20into%20Products.png

Here is a screen shot of the print preview. Notice the report is in Contact/OpportunityName/product order.

http://www.durkincomputing.com/images/ACTAddonsScreens/DCOLP90/OLPPrint_Contact_opportunity_Product....

You can download the free 30 day trial here:

http://durkincomputing.com/ACT-Addons-OpportunityListPlus.aspx

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Copper Contributor

Thanks Jim

I will review it..

Joseph

Copper Elite Contributor

You could also write this report using Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services. With these tools, you can write just about any report imaginable. Keep in mind that ACT security is usually bypassed when using a non-ACT report method, so private records would probably get included in the report.

Anyway, we are big fans of SQL Reporting Services. This technology is free from Microsoft but requires a lot of knowledge with respect to SQL queries and using their BIDS (Business Intelligence Design System) software.

ACT chose to make their report writer as simple as possible so that end users could possibly write their own reports. You get simplicity but give up some flexibility.

Geoff Boulden

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.

716-837-5727 

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the advise Geoffrey, I will invetigate.

Joseph