Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities - unable to change record manager

Nickel Super Contributor

Opportunities - unable to change record manager

12.1.181 HF1 Premium
Windows 7

Opportunity layout seems to be causing problems?

User changes record manager of the opp, saves...all looks well.

Going back to the opportunity the record manager has reverted to her name.

User is manager level.

I don't believe there is any limited access going on, but will check that.

Any other ideas?

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Opportunities - unable to change record manager

Hello Rita,

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, so try these things:

- Test with demo

In real database:

- Re-assign Opp to a different Record Manager (in case they've only tried 1)

- Can other Users reassign Opp Record Manager? 

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hi Rita,

I was not able to duplicate this on an XP machine. May be damaged preferences or a damaged user name. Possibly a Windows 7 issue (is UAC disabled or have reduced settings?).Have you tried with other ACT! user logins or on other machines? Are you able duplicate in the demo database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks, guys!

Yes, I concurr, it works with my database on Windows 7.

Reduced settings in UAC???  Not sure what that means.

I noticed with one user that the layout needed modifying because she could not see the RM dropdown.
Once I modified the layout, the dropdown was available, but the formatting looked wonky, not like in the layout designer.
Think this might be a video issue?

I'm not sure exactly where to go to modify the hardware acceleration, and whether special rights are needed.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT
Platinum Super Contributor

UAC is the Windows7 'User Account Control' setting - you can reduce it from the Control Panel > User Accounts and Family Safety > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings.  Another test to see if UAC is causing the problem is to: close Act! > right click on the Act! icon > select Run As Administrator > test.

If you believe the layout is corrupted, copy the layout from the Demo database and paste it into the Layouts folder for this database > test with this new copy.

To change Hardware Acceleration on Win7: right click on desktop > Personalize > Display > Change Display Settings > Advanced Settings > Troubleshoot > Change Settings > slide bar presented.

Is it working for any of the users?  Sounds like it was working at one time - is that correct?  If every user is having an issue and it was working at one time - try replacing the layout with the one from the demo first.   

Greg Martin
Sage