Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities entered in Remote not syncing to Master

Opportunities entered in Remote not syncing to Master

I have an issue dealing with Opportunities that have been entered on a remote, and not replicating to the Master (parent) database.  However, all other records (ie contact, company) are replicating without incident.  It's only Opportunity specific.

We're using ACT! 2007 ST Premium. -- Not sure the build/serv. pack. 

This is happening for about 80% of our user's that have entered opportunities into their remotes.

I have been engaging ACT! support for the past 6-8 weeks, to no avail.  I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the inner workings or ACT!

When an opportunity is created on the remote, and it's sync'd, the opportunity does not appear on the Master.  HOWEVER, the entry made in the History (i.e. New Opportunity or Update) does appear in the Master.  This tells me that the sync worked.  Conversely, Opportunities created, updated or deleted on the Master flow down to the remote. So, it's only pertains to Opportunities created on the remote.

I don't know how ACT! Determines which records are updated, but my guess is that there's a bug in sync process that isn't checking the remote for new/updated Opportunity records.  I'd love to know if there's a flag that is set in the remote, and if so, how is it checked during the sync process.

I cut a new remote today, imported the opportunities from the 'defective' remote, and the new remote synch's just fine!  This is a very labour-intensive process that I do not want to do with 30 other remotes, across the country.  Especially if it might happen again in the future.

So, I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this issue.  If so, what did they do to resolve it.  And I'd love to know the inner workings of the sync process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm heading into my 8th week of trying to get ACT! to resolve this, with no end in sight.

Re: Opportunities entered in Remote not syncing to Master

sdonders,

Please check your private messages (yellow envelope towards upper right).

What is the answer. Why is sage replying privately?

The user already has a case escalated before he made this post.  I sent him a PM telling him he would receive a call back shortly.

I am now on my fourth support person, who ironically, sent an email reaching out to me.  He has been quite co-operative and insightfull.

Though synchronization has not been explained in full detail, it would appear that there is a delete flag in the master (aka Parent, Subsciber, Server) database that is checked during synching.  Record deletion on the child (remote) database is to be deleted based on that.

However in this situation, the record was created in the remote, and not replicated to the parent.  This scenario is still under review.

I'll post anything I find out.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I was wondering if the ops appear in the sync report - that is, are they being sent (but not added), or not being sent?

Have you also tried updating to 9.01 and Hotfix 3?

Im having this problem with v16 2013). Any solution?