Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities by Product customization for Product quanity and cost?

Copper Super Contributor

Opportunities by Product customization for Product quanity and cost?

[ Edited ]

I am trying to customize the Opportunities by Product report to include the Quantity and Cost of a product line and can't seem to get the right field selection onto the report.  When I add a field to the report and choose Product Opportunity, I don't recognize any field that would be similar to either of these two pieces of information.  I am guessing that the ACT design may limit me from actually getting this data, but I wanted to find out if anyone else has found a solution to this. 

Much thanks for any help.  We are running ACT Premium 2009 (11.1).

Message Edited by neonz on 09-02-2009 04:00 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunities by Product customization for Product quanity and cost?

I believe the modification you want can be done but I wouldn't know until I did some experiments. That report makes use of either a special table in the database or some special kinking specifically for this report. Either way the behavior of modifications to the report are difficult to predict.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Opportunities by Product customization for Product quanity and cost?

Yeah, I think I'd have to take the ACC course to really get good at understanding all that I can do with the reporting in ACT.  For now found an excellent workaround using Topline Dash.  This let me set up a Product listing for specific products that our Manufacturing department can use for forecasting parts.  They'll have a spreadsheet that they can total right away instead of having to review a PDF report and manually transcribing the numbers!