Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunities - Stage

Opportunities - Stage

All,

Apologies for the naive question, I am only just starting to use ACT!

We send out batches of letters to companies of c.20 each week then follow up with calls / emails etc.

We add those 20 companies to a Group and then add the Group to an Opportunity. I would like to track the progress of each contact by entering a stage e.g. First call, Follow up, Email etc.

What I have noticed is that I can only assign a Stage to the entire Opportunity - not a different Stage to each individual contact. This is very frustrating as clearly each contact will be at  a different stage at any one point with in a batch.

Can anyone help by suggesting a better way for what I am trying to do?

Kind regards,

Simon

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunities - Stage

You have only one opportunity for the contacts linked to the opportunity so the same stage will apply to all the linked contacts. You would need to create a separate opportunity for each contact to separately track different stages for each contact.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Elite Contributor

One option is to create a custom Contact field called "Stage" with an associated picklist via Tools=>Define Fields and place that field on your Contact Detail screen via Tools=>Design Layouts.

This way, a Contact will have a Stage and the Opportunity will have a Stage, and they could be different.

Phillip R. Price
ACT! Certified Consultant
Automated Sales Tools, LLC
http://www.automatedsalestools.com
Phone: 1-866-915-9399
Bronze Elite Contributor

You could use our free Opportunity Duplicator at http://www.freeactaddons.com/free-addons  

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

All,

Thank you for your responses, very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Simon