Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opening DB after windows 8.1 update

Copper Contributor

Opening DB after windows 8.1 update

Smiley Mad

Good monrning all,

I have been an avid user of ACT! since their inception, and for the first time since I have been using, I am actually looking at other options after trying to get help from support.

Granted, I did not buy the newest copy yet, so support is really unwilling to help. At any point, I have ACT! 2013 Premium and since my computer did the latest update, now have the registration wizard that pops up and I cannot open my DB.

I did a KB file:

Link: kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13727/kw/13727

And did everything as stated here, but it still does not work.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time,

Carlos

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Opening DB after windows 8.1 update

That usually fixes it when I've run into that problem.  Make sure you stop the Protexis service before removing the files or it won't do any good.  There may be a newer version of Protexis available too.  There is a KB article on replacing it but I can't remember if the version in the KB is newer than the version in ACT! 2013 SP1.  I would try replacing Protexis if the KB you are trying doesn't work.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Silver Super Contributor

Here is the link to uninstall and reinstall Protexis.

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23027

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Good afternoon all,

Ok - I must be doing something seriously wrong, and I know computers. At any point I did a line by line of removing and re-installing Protexis and got the same window.

And act! support these days tells me, research online or read the KB..

For those of you that have sent your suggestions, I thank you very much I greatly appreciate it.

I will be taking suggestions for a new DB.