Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Open new/existing database - an issue

Open new/existing database - an issue

When i open Act today, again I had the message whether I want to open an existing/new database - it is as if this is first time I am opening Act. The result is that all settings are lost including my customized web links and, of course, all other Preferences.

This is creates angst since I am losing data and time.

Anyone else seens this >> what can be done?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Open new/existing database - an issue

Hello westonn,

You may have a damaged ACT! preferences file. Please see the instructions in KB Article 14770 to rebuild your preferences file. Use the alternate method of manually rebuilding them at the bottom of the article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

When opening ACT, having previously open it and customized it, it asks "to open an existing or new database" - losing all previous customization.

The only advice provided by Sage so far is to backup the "preferences" file each time a change is made.

This is just exceedingly fustrasting.

Version 13.0.401.0

It happened again this morning - that's 2 days consectively.

Anyone seeing/experiencing the same issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

For clarification, did you manually delete the preferences folder per the instructions in the KB article I referenced in my last post? If the preferences file is damaged, this process will rebuild it. This issue is usually user/machine specific.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.