Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Online Report Templates

Online Report Templates

Does anyone know if Act/Sage posts additional Report Templates online that I can download? The Reports that come loaded with the Program are OK but I was looking for more options and choices.

Thanks!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Online Report Templates

There are no additional reports that Sage makes available. ACT! has a reportwriter to enable the creation of reports or modification of existing.

Can you describe the report you are looking for. The more detail the better.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

I'm looking to modify the Contact Phone list so that is contains all the phone fields for a particular contact not just the main phone and extension like in the default Phone List.  I also want it to print in Landscape instead of Portrait format. Something like the the one at this link.

http://techbenders.com/documents/RCR%20Reports%20sample.pdf    Phone Book Comprehensive in Two Columns.

I also have a number of other custom reports I've been meaning to create but I just don't have the time.  What kind of clients do you usually service?

Thanks,

David Leo

Interesting we have the same last name. Never knew of any relatives in New Zealand!

Bronze Elite Contributor

David,

If the Techbenders report does the job or close to it then I suggest you purchase it and get the additional reports with it. Reports in ACT! can be complex. Sometimes the ACT! reportwriter can't do what you want or you need to script a report to filter or sort beyond the easily accessible controls in the writer.

If you are looking to do reports yourself then a good place to start is the www.act.com knowledgebase and search for reports. There are some excellent articles in there.  The key as you suggest is time. If you need a report sometimes it is just best to pay the money and get the job done. 

We handle all kinds of clients and develop add-on software for ACT! 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Platinum Elite Contributor

As the author of the report you referenced and that I sell, I have to tell you that simple as it appears it uses advanced techniques not directly available through the report editor human interface. In addition to the report you referenced which is part of the package of reports I sell, I also create custom report templates. Because mose databases become customized, the reports typically end up being database specific.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Does anyone have a a report template for Customer Report for ACT w/ Notes?
Nickel Super Contributor

David,

It sounds like exporting the contact list to Excel will work for you.  Go to the Contact List, right click and select Customize Columns.  Customize the contact list to show the fields you want to see in the order you want to see them.  Click ok.  Then, you can sort by any column by clicking on the column header.  Finally, click the export to excel icon (or TOOLS > Export to Excel).  Now your contact list is in Excel.  You can print that out in portrait or landscape.  Hope that helps. 

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com