Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

One User (of 21 total) cannot lookup contacts

One User (of 21 total) cannot lookup contacts

Good morning,

I have 1 user in a 21 user client-server ACT deployment who cannot lookup contacts.  Everyone else has no issues, but when this one user does a lookup to a known contact name Act responds with "No records were found that meet the specified criteria".

I have performed a repair of her Act client install and a full remove/re-install without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: One User (of 21 total) cannot lookup contacts

I hate to ask this question, have you tried the same contact lookup from a working system?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

[ Edited ]
No problem in asking, I should have specified Smiley Happy

Yes, I have tried the exact same searches from every other computer & it works fine...it is literally just 1 station.

I should also specify - this is not a custom lookup or anything....this is as simple as using "Lookup->Contact" direct from the Act menu.

Kevin

Message Edited by kmiller on 03-18-2008 09:09 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Have you tried doing lookups from other fields than contact? Also try use Lookup by Example or the Advanced lookups from the problem system. Basically the lookups are simply request to the SQL server and should be the same for all systems.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

OK, to further update this issue....

Its not that she cannot lookup any contact, but rather that specific contacts will not respond in a lookup (for example, my contact record will not show up on a search made by her).  If she goes through all records, she can find me, but she cannot lookup my record (my record is not the only one she cannot lookup on).

I tried doing other lookups besides contact-based (phone number, first name, last name, phone number, advanced searches on specific fields) and none worked.  My record, as well as these other records, are marked public & nobody else in the office has the same issue on these records - it is only her client.

Kevin
Platinum Elite Contributor

Can you check if it's machine related or user?

Try logging in as that user on a working machine
Try loggin into her machine as a user that works on another machine
Copper Contributor

Hi, When you are in the lookup box screen are the 2 boxes checked that say: "Include Private" and "Include Users"? I know it seems simple, but when you said the lookup was not working for your record I remembered having the same problem a while back and checking the box fixed it for me. Good Luck!

It is amazing how the simple things can often be the hardest to spot...

On the contact search window, "Include Users" was de-selected.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kevin