Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

One User is freezing - anyone who tries to view his calendar also freezes

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

One User is freezing - anyone who tries to view his calendar also freezes

We are using Act Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.0.557.

The one new change/update for this user is the upgrade to blackberry bold 9700 from an old bb 8700.  We were using companionlink add in to send Act contacts and calendar to the device. Companionlink found the new blackberry version - no problem and the info was loaded onto the new device.  Then a couple days later Act is freezing for this user's login and for anyone who tries to view his calendar.

Our computers are all Dell Optiplex running Windows XP pro and have sufficient Ram.  We have been using Act for years and this blackberry change is the only recent item I can think of that may be causing the problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chargreaves
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: One User is freezing - anyone who tries to view his calendar also freezes

I contacted companionlink help and they recommended running the actdiag and sent me the complete list of actdiag fixes. 

I used the following first and we seem to be working now.

Fix Corrupt Activities:

• Ensure that ACT! is closed.
  • Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
  • In the Open field, enter either actdiag (ACT! 2007+), act8diag (ACT! 2006) or act7diag (ACT! 2005), and then click OK. The ACT! Diagnostics utility launches.
  • Click the Databases button from the navigation bar. A list of your databases appears.
  • Click the rectangle on the left side of the DATABASE name to select the entire row displaying the database information.
  • Right-click the database listing and choose Database Fixes, and then click Activities/Fix Known Activity Data Issues.
  • Click OK to complete the process. Launch ACT! and test.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

When the new BB was introduced, did you do a Purge and Delete in the CL Settings?
Kind Regards,
Renee P.J. Cronin

Sage 100 to ACT! Integration Link
Cell:717-763-8859
renee@capitolconsultingservices.com
renee@actplatinum.com
Copper Contributor

No - I did not select any purge settings on the CL setup pages.  The device had no contacts and no calendar, so I didn't think of that.  Should I try it with purge & reload checked for Contacts & Calendar?
Copper Contributor

Yes, and make sure to BACKUP the Host database first. Whenever a new device or ACT database is introduced, a Purge and Reload should be done, again backup the DB first.
Kind Regards,
Renee P.J. Cronin

Sage 100 to ACT! Integration Link
Cell:717-763-8859
renee@capitolconsultingservices.com
renee@actplatinum.com
Copper Contributor

I backed up the database.  Backed up the device.  Deleted the device contacts and calendar items.  Did a new companionlink sync with purge and reload.  took a very long time.  Rebooted computer & that user still freezes in act and other users trying to view his calendar become frozen. 

Please recommend any other steps to try next.  I'm thinking we need to delete that user and create a new user account??

I was able to get companionlink to add all the contacts and calendar items onto the device and then I used the blackberry software to send the info to outlook, so we would have an extra copy in anothe format to use in case we need to recreate his calendar.  

Any assistance and advice is appreciated.

Solution
Accepted by topic author chargreaves
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I contacted companionlink help and they recommended running the actdiag and sent me the complete list of actdiag fixes. 

I used the following first and we seem to be working now.

Fix Corrupt Activities:

• Ensure that ACT! is closed.
  • Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
  • In the Open field, enter either actdiag (ACT! 2007+), act8diag (ACT! 2006) or act7diag (ACT! 2005), and then click OK. The ACT! Diagnostics utility launches.
  • Click the Databases button from the navigation bar. A list of your databases appears.
  • Click the rectangle on the left side of the DATABASE name to select the entire row displaying the database information.
  • Right-click the database listing and choose Database Fixes, and then click Activities/Fix Known Activity Data Issues.
  • Click OK to complete the process. Launch ACT! and test.