Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Oh please help, Outlook 2007 and ACT database address book

Copper Contributor

Oh please help, Outlook 2007 and ACT database address book

Hello, I need help to get my address book and toolbar back into Outlook 2007 so I can get back to work.

I am currently using ACT 2010; a couple weeks ago, I simply upgraded my Outlook 2003 to Outlook 200 with just installing Office 2007.  I have 2 user profile emails in Outlook, and both were attached to ACT database address book & toolbar.

When I noticed incoming emails weren't attaching to the contacts in ACT, I uninstalled the ACT address book and was going to reinstall it. However, when I deleted the ACT database addressbook from Outlook, I can't find it to reinstall. It doesn't show in the list of address books. Act's tools>preferences>email is set up for using the database for Outlook address book.

I though it'd be a simple delete and reinstall,but now, I am lost on what to do next.

Do I need to uninstall ACT and reinstall it to get my address book back!? I ran Office Diagnostices, from Outlook, but I didn't have any problems. One of the Outlook email profiles still has the address book and toolbar hat were original to the 2003 version and just copied over to the 2007 Outlook upgrade. The one that I removed the ACT address book from is the email address I use most and need fixed.

Thank you! Judy

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Oh please help, Outlook 2007 and ACT database address book

You have a couple of options to re-add the ACT! address book in Outlook.  I find the easiest is to go to Outlook's Account settings - in this view there is a tab called Address Books and you can add a address book there.  The ACT! address book will be an option if you select New... then Additional Address Books on the next dialog in Outlook.

Copper Contributor

Re: Oh please help, Outlook 2007 and ACT database address book

Hi Allen,

Thank you. The ACT! address book doesn't show as an option when I select New. The only Additional Addrss Books on the next dialog in Outlook shows as Outllok Address Book or Mobile Address Book. The ACT! address book isn't in the list to choose from. I dont know how to re-add the ACT! Address book in Outlook, and I do not want to reinstall ACT if I dont have to.

Is there another directions you suggest I try? Thank you much, Judy