Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Office 365 / 2016 disabling ACT add-on

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Office 365 / 2016 disabling ACT add-on

On a client site ACT V18 was installed on 20 PCs with Outlook integrated and working correctly.  Windows 10 Office 365 / 2016

About a week later Outlook had automatically disabled around half and marked them as slow to respond putting them in the SLOW AND DISABLED add-ins box.

It was simple enough to now mark them as do not disable and all now worked again BUT there appeared no way to mark them as do not disable until Outlook had disabled them so the other 10 are probably going to get disabled sooner or later.

QUESTION - Can I mark the ACT add-in as never or do not disable at the point of installation?

I would expect this to also happen with ACT V19 which we will move this client to soon so any help from MS experts would be welcomed.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎03-23-2017 02:11 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Office 365 / 2016 disabling ACT add-on

Hi Gary

From some research I have done Outlook switches the load behaviour even if you change it in the registry so it overrides anything you might do at the point of installation. MS forum is full of complaints regarding a number of different products having their add-in disabled automatically by Outlook.

Somewhere deep in Outlook their must be a mechanism that measures load times of add-ins so if anyone knows how to disable this part of Outlook we would all be very grateful.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi ch1p,

I would suggest using the steps detailed in this knowledgebase article under the heading "Windows Registry settings for Act! add-in load behavior" to compare the LoadBehaviour values between a machine which has not yet had the add-in disabled, and one that has it set to always enable. If they are different, setting the LoadBehaviour to the same value as the machine set to always enable might let you skip the disable>reenable step in the future.

You can find more information on the LoadBehaviour values in this Microsoft article.

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎03-23-2017 02:11 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Gary

From some research I have done Outlook switches the load behaviour even if you change it in the registry so it overrides anything you might do at the point of installation. MS forum is full of complaints regarding a number of different products having their add-in disabled automatically by Outlook.

Somewhere deep in Outlook their must be a mechanism that measures load times of add-ins so if anyone knows how to disable this part of Outlook we would all be very grateful.