Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Office 32-Bit or 64-Bit ACT! Ver 22

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Office 32-Bit or 64-Bit ACT! Ver 22

This question is primarily addressed to the Act Certified Consultants who monitor this forum.

Is it your opinion that ACT's 64-bit version has been modified to properly interface with Office 64-bit?  

If you do, is it OK to upgrade to 64 bit of Office on top of the 32 bit?

If it is not OK to upgrade on top, then is the rule of installing Office before ACT modified?  In other words would Office ad ACT have to be removed then reinstalled with Office first then reinstall ACT?

Finally, depending on the responses above, if you are recommending stay with 32-bit Office, what do you think the minimum memory should be for the user?  I realize that "it depends", but assume the users are not advanced and primarily use ACT, Outlook, Word,, Excel.  Of course they all surf the net and wile advised against it, keep way too many tabs open at one time.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.0.205.0 Update 3
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
Monday
Copper Contributor

Re: Office 32-Bit or 64-Bit ACT! Ver 22

Hi @jnpurdy,

While I'm not an ACT Certified Consultant, I have spent a lot of time in an admin role and have also had the ACT dev team working on my system specifically to address issues related to ACT/Outlook Integration. Also, my system specs look very similar to what shows in your signature block.

That said, if you use Outlook as your email client and expect email history to be created for sent/received emails, then there 'may' be some issues with 64-bit. I've done a completely fresh installation on a new computer (ACT Premium v22 update 3 and Office 64-bit), and the Outlook Integration works intermitently at best. It attaches emails 'sometimes', but usually, I'm having to manually attach them which is a PITA. However, I cannot verify that Outlook Integration is likewise broken in 32-bit version of Office.

Good luck and please let us know which path you choose and how it works out for you. :-)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I have not had a problem with latest ACT and 64 bit office although I have seen others report issues.

When ACT installs it links to various Office programs via registry settings etc so the answer is Yes, uninstall ACT, Uninstall 32 bit office.

(When ACT has been installed I do not recommend the Office upgrade option from 32 bit to 64, better to uninstall and then fresh 64 bit install. 

Install 64 bit office and then install ACT again.

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author jnpurdy
Monday
Copper Contributor

Hi @jnpurdy,

While I'm not an ACT Certified Consultant, I have spent a lot of time in an admin role and have also had the ACT dev team working on my system specifically to address issues related to ACT/Outlook Integration. Also, my system specs look very similar to what shows in your signature block.

That said, if you use Outlook as your email client and expect email history to be created for sent/received emails, then there 'may' be some issues with 64-bit. I've done a completely fresh installation on a new computer (ACT Premium v22 update 3 and Office 64-bit), and the Outlook Integration works intermitently at best. It attaches emails 'sometimes', but usually, I'm having to manually attach them which is a PITA. However, I cannot verify that Outlook Integration is likewise broken in 32-bit version of Office.

Good luck and please let us know which path you choose and how it works out for you. :-)