Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Office 2013 and ACT! Premium 2012 SP1

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Office 2013 and ACT! Premium 2012 SP1

Dear Sage Support,

i am testing ACT! Premium 2012 SP1 with Microsoft Office 2013 - the first issue I have reached is ACT! 2012 does not recognise Outlook 2013 as an email client.  I only get the option of Internet Email.  Please advise.

I am running Windows 7 x64 and the Office 2013 is x86.

Kind Regards

fossehs

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author fossehs
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Office 2013 and ACT! Premium 2012 SP1

Hello fossehs,
Office 2013 is not supported with ACT! 2012, nor with ACT! 2013. We are currently working on full compatibility with Office 2013 - updates will provided when available. Compatibility would be apply to the current version or the next - there are no plans for compatibility with ACT! 2012 and prior.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author fossehs
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello fossehs,
Office 2013 is not supported with ACT! 2012, nor with ACT! 2013. We are currently working on full compatibility with Office 2013 - updates will provided when available. Compatibility would be apply to the current version or the next - there are no plans for compatibility with ACT! 2012 and prior.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greg,

Thank you for your quick response - so it looks like we will need to upgrade to ACT! 2014 when it becomes available.

It is somewhat strange that a version that would be less than 12 months old (ACT! 2013 only came out in August 2012, prior to that ACT! 2012 was the latest version) can not be supported with the latest version of Microsoft Office.

Kind Regards

fossehs

[ Edited ]

I understand what you are saying. ACT! 2013 will work pretty well with Office 2013 but there are still some things that won't, due to some major changes that Microsoft made in Office 2013. For instance, they added the ability in Outlook to reply to messages within the preview pane - this will not record in ACT! history since that function bypasses any Outlook add-ins, like the one ACT! uses.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Re: Office 2013 and ACT! 2013 SP1

I just upgraded to Office 2013 under the false assumption that ACT! 2013 surely knew that Office 2013 was soon to be released.

So, now I am stuck with no email nor contact linkage between ACT! and Outlook. It would sure be nice if Sage would spend more time communicating this type of information to its long term customers beforehand.

Disappointedly,

Rick

Re: Office 2013 and ACT! 2013 SP1

Rick,

I totally agree with you.  It is something out of Dilbert cartoon the way Sage has treated its customers in not supporting versions less than a year old with the latest Microsoft Office products.

Regards

fossehs

Another issue is exporting files from ACT 2012 to Excel 2013. I even uninstalled the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office and installed the 32-bit version. ACT 2012 doesn't seem to recognize even Excel. Any suggestions for that?

[ Edited ]

Hello chassenh,
Since Office 2013 isn't supported, ACT! will not integrate with it. A workaround with Excel would be to go to File > Export, export it as .csv file, then open that file in Excel 2013.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Well, when will Sage Act be compatible with MS office 2013??
I hope you are working with it - its bad enough your software won't work on a Mac, but you need to get it supported by Act ASAP.

Hello tfgglobal,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. We don't yet have a target date for Office 2013 support, but we are currently working on it. We will provide an update when more information is available. For the Mac, there are no plans for a Mac native version of ACT!, but you can run the software on the Mac with a Windows parallel operating system of virtual machine - many ACT! users are successfully doing this.

Greig Hollister