Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Office 2013 and ACT! Premium 2012 SP1

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Office 2013 and ACT! 2013 SP1

You know that Intuit just sold Act? 

hehe, that had me giggling. Sorry, I shouldn't, but I did. It's actually Sage that just sold ACT! to Swiftpage.

Re: Office 2013 and ACT! Premium 2012 SP1

Does it work with Window 8, running MS Office 2013 32bit?  Or am I better office uninstalling Office 2013 and install my previous version of Office that worked?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Duane,
We have had mixed results from our users on whether the integration works, which is one reason why we state that Office 2013 is not yet supported. If possible, your best bet is to use Office 2010 32-bit. If you are removing Office 2013 and installing Office 2010, here is one potential issue you need to be aware of and may need to possibly address:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3314...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

We're a few months down the road now and I still haven't seen any news about Office 2013 support.

We've just ordered a new PC and weren't able to get another Office 2010 license from our supplier. So basically we're stuck with 2013 from now on.

So this is starting to become pretty important right about now.

Give us some news please.

[ Edited ]

While it has not been officially certified as supported, Office 2013 will work with ACT! 2013 SP1 (version 15.1.108.0), but only the full install of this version, not with 15.0 then SP1 applied separately. In addition, Office 2013 must be the full version, not streaming or Click-To-Run, and be the 32-bit version. This information can be found in the following Knowledgebase article:

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Installed Act Premium 2013 SP1 (15.1.108.0) Office 2013 Home & Business 32Bit was installed before Act. If I click on an e-mail adress in Act I get the following error:

"Could not retrieve IMessage: Error in MAPIOBJECTFromOutlookItem: IMAPISession.OpenMsgStore: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED"

the second time I get:

"Could not retrieve IMessage: Interface not supported"

If I click on my own e-mail address in my own record it works. It only gives that error in other records where it has to fill in the e-mail address in outlook.

If I just copy and paste the address and send the mail from outlook, it'll automatically attach to the right record. It just gives an error when clicking on the e-mail address in a record.

Platinum Super Contributor

Have you verified that Office/Outlook are full installations and not the Click-to-Run version?

A way to double check that it is or isn’t the Click-to-Run version is by going to the Outlook ‘Office Account’ screen.  On that screen click ‘Update Options’, select ‘View Updates’.  If it is the Click-to-Run version, it will open a web page for ‘Click-to-Run virtualization.

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi,

So what are the options if I do have the 'Click-to-Run virtualization' version?

I read somewhere that all versions of Office 2013 use this technology.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello Mike,
Welcome to the ACT! Community. Unfortunately, ACT! cannot integrate with the click-to-run version as it does not contain all needed components. Microsoft has not provided an updated interface for this. While CTR is the default delivery method for Office 2013, you can still get the full version,

Greig Hollister

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Greig,

When you mention Click to Run, is this referring to the Office 365 subscription? If so when will it be supported within ACT?

Office cost £300+ for a single PC or £6 per month for 5 pc's with 365.

I have a couple of desktop PC's, a surface pro and a laptop so I have utlised office's 5 installs. I feel very few people will be willing to shell out £1500 for the Office/Act functionality vs. £6 pm.

I look forward to hearing from you

Jim