Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Office 2013 and ACT! Premium 2012 SP1

Copper Contributor

Re: Office 2013 and ACT! Premium 2012 SP1

In hind-sight, I am glad that ACT! does not work with Office 2013 because I found that I can't stand Office 2013. MS did a horrendous job in my humble opinion. I have been using MS Office for 20+ years on Mac's and PC's and find this release to be a serious downgrade, literally impossible (for me, at least) to work with. Routine tasks such as opening recent files are buried down another layer, huge people icons eat up your screen acreage in contact lists, and the worst crime of all is that they limit the color scheme to blinding white, less blinding grey and hardly worth the effort of renaming it "dark grey". All 3 themes have terrible contrast to the point where I am unable to discern the edge of one window vs. that of the next.

So, thank you Sage for not being compatible with Office 2013. I have gone back to Office 2010 for ACT! compatibility and now I am immensely happier that I was attempting to use Office 2013. Microsoft has clearly lost touch with how to make efficient and usable products.

Copper Contributor

Well Act should be compatible with Office 2013 if you want to maintain and get customers. 

I agree. Sage should at least provide a software patch for 2012 and 2013 versions of ACT. My company purchased the Sage ACT! Premium 2012 software in April of last year, it took the better part of 3 months to get it integrated into our system, and now we can't even quickly export group contacts to Excel without using the back-door method which takes much more time.

Copper Elite Contributor

We now have a product that will help ACT! work with MS Office 2013!

https://www.designr1.com/shop/office-2013-pack/

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

So who is using this add on for MS Office 2013 to integrate with ACT?  How is it really working?  I'm running windows 8 and ACT Premium 2013.  

Duane White

I can tell you I just downloaded the trial version today to test, and at least the export to Excel feature I was missing is back. This on a Windows 7 machine running Office 2013 64-bit and ACT Premium 2011.
Platinum Elite Contributor

We would not expect ACT! to integrate with the 64-bit versions of Office - it is only compatible with Office 32-bit.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Office 2013 and ACT! 2013 SP1

You know that Intuit just sold Act? Right? So, we can't count on even the minimal support that has previously be available. Who bought Act this time? A company that markets email blasts.
Highlighted

Welcome to the "Act" world. I'll BET there's still some DOS based code somewhere in all the versions of Act, which succeeds in making it crash frequently with absolutely NO support.

It speaks VOLUMES when you charge $50 just to install it....