Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Odd Situation not allowing creation of Remote Databases

Odd Situation not allowing creation of Remote Databases

Working with APFW2010 and Remote Users, I now get an error: Unable to process object ID 2041826386 (object "custom table"), when I attempt to create or even recreate from an existing RDB.

Previously, I did have a trial of the Durkin Business Suite, which does use custom tables, but they say their Suite should not cause this issue. Meantime I'm stuck, as i wish to create new RDB's.

Ideas to resolve are appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Odd Situation not allowing creation of Remote Databases

Hello Roger,
This error usually means the sync set you are using to create the remote is corrupted. Try creating a new sync set and using that for the new remotes.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi & thx for the suggestion, but it did not work. I created a new sync set, but got the same result, when I tried to create a new RDB. I have done all kinds of dtbs repair diagnostics, and all appears fine in sync'g other users or even my own desktop, but I still cannot get past this error.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Try creating a remote in the demo database (ACT2010Demo) to see if this is database specific.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi. Yes an RDB can successfully be created with ACTdemo. So something within my working dtbs is corrupted?  The fail msg in RDB creation refers to "custom tables". That mostly would have occurred with the trial we did a few months ago with the Durkin Business Suite, which we have tried to uninstall.  Thanks for your thoughts.