Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object synchronization error

Object synchronization error

I just upgraded our corporate ACT! Premium software to 12.1.181.0 Hotfix 1 from ACT 2009. Now I have a user that is getting the following ACT error when she replies to certain emails from Outlook: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code. Can't find any references on the knowledge base. Anyone else have a problem (and fix) for something like this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Object synchronization error

Hello aokerman,

Just a guess, but this error sounds like it may be some type of unhandled exception, probably unique to this person's install of ACT!, Outlook or both. If this is caused by program damage to either Outlook, ACT! or both then for ACT! you can uninstall and reinstall; for Outlook try Help/Detect & Repair (Outlook 2003) or Help/Office Diagnostics (Outlook 2007). Also, when you say "certain emails in Outlook", any idea how these emails may differ from ones that do not generate the error message?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Object synchronization error

The email that I saw with the error was internal to our company but I'm not sure if they all are. I'll do some additional questioning to see if that is a consistent difference.