Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object reference not set to an instance

Copper Contributor

Object reference not set to an instance

Hi, I just purchased ACT Premium 2008 10 with 15 licenses, i am a first time user and have tried to install today. I have installed ACT however when i try to set up a new database to begin using ACT i get an error message saying: 'object reference not set to an instance'. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to remedy this? There is nothing about this in the help function and i am following the setup instructions exactly. I would be grateful for any advice. Thanks, Jonathan
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Object reference not set to an instance

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the advice, when I tried to open ACT the next day it came up with a fatal error and froze, over the last two days I have had untold problems installing ACT. I have now installed 3 times and had to manually uninstall due to different problems each time. I am now going to try a clean install as per the detailed in this forum. Thanks,

Can someone please help me, I am having the same problem, I had Sage ACT Premium 2008 and didn't have any problems. I have just upgraded to ACT Premium 2009 and keep getting "Object reference not set to an instance" when creating a new database. I have followed all the procedures in the article listed below.