Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

“Object reference not set to an instance of an object” when closing Act! on a Windows 10 computer

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

“Object reference not set to an instance of an object” when closing Act! on a Windows 10 computer

Is the above error fixed in V18 of act premium.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pestalent1
‎12-17-2015 05:26 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” when closing Act! on a Windows 10 computer

Yes.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author pestalent1
‎12-17-2015 05:26 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” when closing Act! on a Windows 10 computer

Yes.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Silver Super Contributor

P.S.  It's fixed in hotfix 2 to Act! v17 as well.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

thanks for the reply.

I have Act! Pro Version 16.3.11.0, Hot Fix 1

How do I get Hot Fix 2?

JB

Administrator

You can find this content for your region in the Act! Download Center.

Not having any luck with the downloads

Tried
7/31/2014 Act! v16 SP1 Hot Fix 2 ACT16SP1HF2.exe 4,890 KB

and
8/21/2014 Act! v16 SP1 Hot Fix 3 ACT16SP1HF3.exe 1,590 KB

Both advise "does not apply to this version... "

PS I am downloading from the Australia / Asia Pacific area as I'm located in Aus.

Employee

These hotfixes are for Act! v16 SP1 i.e. 16.1

You are on Act! v16.3 so they do not apply to your version. SP3 already includes these.

Please bear in mind that Act! v18 is the first version fully supported in Windows 10. 

Does this mean I am stuck with this error message?

Administrator

The error is present in all versions of Act v16 when running on Windows 10.
It would be worth checking with your account manager to see if you are eligible for any upgrades for either v17 or v18, as this particular error is resolved in both.