Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Act2011Prem - Contacts - List View

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Act2011Prem - Contacts - List View

I have a Yes/No field, blanks allowed, Not a Key field, Default NO, No dropdown or Company associations. in Contacts-List View, when I turn On EDIT mode, I always get a "Object Reference not set to an Instance of an Object" error whenever I try to check / un-check it. Once this error comes, It doesn't matter what I do from there forward, everything I click produces the same error. I have to close the application to stop it. and it has the last word I don't get this error if I check/uncheck it from the Detail layout view. This is driving us nuts.. Any suggestions ? ACT 2011 Premium Wondows Standard Server 2008 SP2, x86 - Not set to an instance in NJ - Kirk

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author KirkThomas1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Act2011Prem - Contacts - List View

This issue is resolved with the ACT! 2011 Service Pack 1 update.  Here is a link to instructions for downloading and applying the update: KB Article 27290

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author KirkThomas1
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Act2011Prem - Contacts - List View

This issue is resolved with the ACT! 2011 Service Pack 1 update.  Here is a link to instructions for downloading and applying the update: KB Article 27290

Greg Martin
Sage

That did it.  Blood pressure back to normal..

Many Thanks.

This problem has croped back up in ACT! 2012

Seth4801,
I have been unable to reproduce the 'Object Reference' error with ACT! 2012. I see that you have also mentioned this in another post and will be testing with a 'Save As' copy of your database. We will watch that post for your results.
Greg Martin
Sage

I have updated my other post

The error was resolved with a save as database

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT-Premium/My-Problems-with-ACT-Premium-2012/m-p/160532#M24344