Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object of type 'Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Workflow.SendEmailActivity' cannot be converted to type 'System.Collection.ArrayList'

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Object of type 'Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Workflow.SendEmailActivity' cannot be converted to type 'System.Collection.ArrayList'

Started getting this error message after upgrading to v21 from 20.1.  Message is displayed after launching ACT! on both the Parent and the Child databases.

This only happens on my personal database, which is very customized, including custom tables built with Topline Designer.  This message does not appear when opening the demo database.

Act! Premium Version 21.0.295.0, Update 1

Windows 10 and Window Server 1012R2

Phillip R. Price
ACT! Certified Consultant
Automated Sales Tools, LLC
http://www.automatedsalestools.com
Phone: 1-866-915-9399
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Object of type 'Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Workflow.SendEmailActivity' cannot be converted to type 'System.Collection.ArrayList'

Additonally, I am not sure if it is related to this error message, but Synchronization between the child and parent database appears to be broken on my database after the upgrade to v21. Notes, History, Activities, and Secondary Contacts are not synchronizing. Data into static fields is synchronizing, but subEntity data is not synchronizing.

I have run all repairs on the parent database, created a new sync set, recreated the child database, and nothing fixes the sync problem. This problem surfaced after upgrading to v21. I tested the demo database and another database hosted on the same server (which has many custom fields but no custom tables) and those databases appear to have no sync problems, just my highly custom database.
Phillip R. Price
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Object of type 'Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Workflow.SendEmailActivity' cannot be converted to type 'System.Collection.ArrayList'

The "Object of type 'Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Workflow.SendEmailActivity' cannot be converted to type 'System.Collection.ArrayList' error message  appears to have been corrected with v21 Update 2.

The sync problem resulting from the database upgrade to 21 from 20.1 was resolved only by creating a new Parent/Publisher database from my existing Remote database.  All repairs and efforts to cure whatever corruption happened with the Parent database when upgrading to v21 did not work.  Working with ACT! Tech Support they finally suggested creating a new Parent/Publisher database from my existing Remote database which thankfully did work.  Apparently the Remote database was not corrupted during the v21 upgrade, only the Parent database.

I am still not sure why the corruption occurred.  Another database upgraded at the same time, moved from the same v20.1 server to the new v21 server did not have the problem.  The only obvious difference in the corrupted database and the non-corrupted database is that the corrupted database has custom tables.  The non-corrupted database has many custom fields, but no custom tables.

I am almost certain that the corruption happened as result of the upgrade to v21 because the original copy of the database on the old v20.1 server had no sync problem.

Phillip R. Price
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Phillip.  Did ever resolve this? I have the same issue on a customers DB recently upgraded from v20.1 to v21.1.  They have many custom fields but no custom tables, so a bit different to your experience. I suspect a damaged.Net Framework because of other issues the v21.1 upgrade was an attempt to repair.  Upgrading to v21.1 has at least provided a workable version of Act! but it would be good to resolve this error now popping-up.