Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error when scheduling activities

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Re: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error when scheduling activities

We tried running the demo db, but we came across yet another error, "Error in the application," whenever it tries to update the demo database. So we can't even run the demo db at all. We can only run his db which is giving us the scheduling activity error.

Celeste

ACT!2008 Premium User 

Highlighted

Re: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error when scheduling activities

Usually error in application is caused by ACT! not being registered properly.  Go to Help > Register ACT!.  If its blank, register ACT! and try again.

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I have rebuilt my preferences as suggested. In ACT10demo I can schedule activities for other users (Chris Huffmann etc.), but in our own customer database I still get the "Object not set..." error.

I guess this means there is something wrong with our internal user/permissions database??

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Joe W,

Yes, the could be the case.  Have you ran through database maintenance from actdiag?  If running maintenance doesn't work, you can create an empty copy of the database and import your records.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

How to Create an Empty Copy of Your ACT! Database

How to Import Contact Data From an Existing ACT! Database into Another ACT! Database

How to Import a Multi-User Database and Retain the Record Manager in ACT!

Message Edited by dlunceford on 02-24-2009 11:28 AM