Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object - Error When Importing from CSV File

Loyal Listener

Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object - Error When Importing from CSV File

We are using ACT! 2012 Professional.

The database is on a Windows Server 2008 R2 and the worksations is a Windows 7 64 bit with Office 2010 32 bit version.

When trying to import from a CSV file we are receiving the above error.

We have tried the following:

1. Restarted the computer.

2. Tried the import from a different workstation.

3. Ran database maintenance, repair, and reindex.

4. Rebooted the SQL server

5. Copied data to new spreadsheet, copying first the column headings and then the data. Saved as Excel file, then as CSV.

6. Saved CSV file to a local drive, where ACT! client is installed, not SQL)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lori

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object - Error When Importing from CSV File

Hello Lori,
As a test, if you create a new database locally on the workstation, does the spreadsheet import into that? Have you tried the import locally on the server (instead of through the network)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Loyal Listener

Re: Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object - Error When Importing from CSV File

I will give both of those a try.

Thanks.

Lori

Loyal Listener

Greg,

I was unable to try importing to a new database locally on the workstation. Since we use SQL for the ACT! database I do not have a local copy of SQL.

I tried the import on the server and although it was very slow, ACT! reported the import finished without error. However, the records are not in the database.

Lori