Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OUtlook versus the internet email in Act

OUtlook versus the internet email in Act

Hi

when quick attaching an email to act, the email is still in Outlook.inbox can this email be deleted ? or does it need to be filed in outlook in order for act to reference it later ?

7) I tried using the Internet Mail instead of Outlook  as it seems to alow my laptop to work much faster. Can I do mailmerges and emailing to groups with Internet Mail ?

Can I do HTML based emails ?

Is there way to set a default template for outgoing/replied/forwarded emails in Internet mail ?

What is the benefit of using outlook over internet mail ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Robert

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: OUtlook versus the internet email in Act

In answer to a couple of your questions:

You do not need to keep a copy of the email in Outlook for ACT! to maintain it's copy.  The email in ACT! is a copy.

One difference between Outlook and ACT! email client is that Outlook supports custom ports for connecting to your email servers.

Re: OUtlook versus the internet email in Act

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the quick reply.

Can I do HTML based emails with the internet based email? I would like to create a HTML flyer and throw it in the body so that when my customer look at the email the pictures are right in front of them and I do not have to do it as an attachment.

Is there way to set a default template for outgoing/replied/forwarded emails in Internet mail ? I know you can do it for signatures BUT what about the header ?

What is the benefit of using outlook over internet mail outside of ports for servers ?

Thanks

Robert