Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OPPORTUNITY REPORTS ACT 2011 Premium

Bronze Elite Contributor

OPPORTUNITY REPORTS ACT 2011 Premium

ACT has developed its opportunity area to a point that it rivals other CRM products in its design.

ACT can now be used for multi product forecasting and allows the recording of activities and notes that are pertinent to the sales process with the opportunity, so far so good.

Problem - Having sold ACT on its opportunity features it looks like it fails miserably when the sales manager wants a report that shows opportunities and the activity and notes associated with them. Is there no way to produce a report that shows this is ACT? I am normally OK with report writing in ACT but for the life of me can not find a way of getting the information out of the built in ACT report writer.

I know there are add-ons but this is a basic design feature requirement that ACT! should be able to do out of the box. I hope it is just me missing something and not a design problem.

Any help would be very welcome.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: OPPORTUNITY REPORTS ACT 2011 Premium

You're not going to like the answer. While significant improvements have been made to the ACT! program including making opportunities an entity and the ability to add custom one to many tables to the database, neither enhancement is supported by the ACT! reports..Frqankly I consider that a defect and I encourage you to post it as such in the features request board. Sage considers updating the report editor a feature request but there is an actual defect involved. When they changed the opportunities they eliminated the old details tab and moved any details to notes. This means that if you used details in a report they can no longer be accessed because they are now notes.

Because of the present shortcomings af the ACT! reporsts I now am using Crystal Reports for some of my custom report jobs.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: OPPORTUNITY REPORTS ACT 2011 Premium

Thanks for your reply Roy,

It is what I feared and is akin to promoting a much bigger engine in a car knowing that the buyer will be killed when he tries to stop because the breaks don't work. I consider this a very serious defect as it makes the advertised improvement useless if you want to report on them. What is astounding is that we are now a further version in to ACT and it has still not been rectified! 

Would anyone from SAGE like to comment or try to defend their position?