Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OL Emails Attached to ACT Contact have Subject Only not Body

OL Emails Attached to ACT Contact have Subject Only not Body

ACT 2009 - Outlook 2007

When manually attaching OL emails (already received or sent) to ACT contacts I do see the 3 icons for ACT (attach, create contact, create activity) within the "Add-ins' tab of the OL message.

However there should also be a "Custom toolbar" next to the ACT "menu toolbar" that has 2 items: ["ACT History > with a drop down list to select, NONE (set as default), Subj Only, Subj & Body (recommended), Sub, Body & Attachments] and the 2nd item is a box to select "public or privite" for the create history item. This section does not show up in the OL message of sent or received mail, but it does appear on New Created OL messages.

I dug through all the tool bar options in OL, and I cannot seem to find out why this "custom toolbar" does not show up on my sent or received mail. I try to manually attach one of these emails to ACT and it does create the history item but with only the subject (which I cannot select), I want that option to select "Subj & Body"

Does anyone have an idear on fixing this, or where to look?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: OL Emails Attached to ACT Contact have Subject Only not Body

ACT! is working as designed. The history option dropdown is only available when you are sending out a new message.  The attach process for sent and received emails will use the default history options you selected in the email setup in ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.