Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Number of records in publisher database one shy

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Number of records in publisher database one shy

Hi,

I have a publisher database (MASTER).  All of my remote databases have synced and come up with same number or records in each remote, however, on the publisher database one record is missing.  Anybody have any idea why this might be happening?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddalton432
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Number of records in publisher database one shy

Is the missing record Public, Private or Limited Access? It may be that the record is there but you just are unable to access it. You can check to if there are the same number of contact records in the remote and the main by running a Table Record Counts Report on the main and on of the remote machines:

- From your Windows Start menu, choose Run and type actdiag

- When ACT! Diagnostics comes, go to Databases, then Database List

- Highlight the main or remote database, right-click on it, then choose Database Structure, then Table Recordcounts Reports

- When the report generates, look at the first table (Contact) and compare the total number of records for the each database. Note the number of Limited Access and Private contacts. This will tell you if the record is truly missing from the Publisher database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddalton432
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Is the missing record Public, Private or Limited Access? It may be that the record is there but you just are unable to access it. You can check to if there are the same number of contact records in the remote and the main by running a Table Record Counts Report on the main and on of the remote machines:

- From your Windows Start menu, choose Run and type actdiag

- When ACT! Diagnostics comes, go to Databases, then Database List

- Highlight the main or remote database, right-click on it, then choose Database Structure, then Table Recordcounts Reports

- When the report generates, look at the first table (Contact) and compare the total number of records for the each database. Note the number of Limited Access and Private contacts. This will tell you if the record is truly missing from the Publisher database.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Greig,

Your advice helped a lot.  I was able to see in fact I had one too many records in my publisher database.

One of your colleagues, Matthew Faubert, provided another element this morning that helped as well.  Matthew suggested that in the remote database I assign a value to a field I did not use.  I did so and then synced.  I was then able to isolate the one record that was not syncing (for whatever reason).  I removed the corrupt record, built it anew, synced again and all is well.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  Thanks too for your help.

Best,

Dan