Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Number field formatting

Number field formatting

Hello,

I'm using Act! V12 (2010) and I'm wondering if there is a way to format number fields, so numbers show in certain ways.  For example, if I enter a customer's account number, and it contains 10 digits, is there a way to not have a comma in the number? 

Also, let's say you enter somone's SS# for example, is there a way to make it show up like 555-55-5555?

Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Number field formatting

Comma for numeric fields is defined in the Windows regional settings - not field by field.

For the SS# - use a character field and then set the Formatting

JM
Nickel Contributor

Only problem having him go into Windows regional settings is it effects all applications format.

If he changed the field to Character type than you can't sort in the correct ascending or descending order.

JM

Platinum Elite Contributor

Do you need to sort SSL numerically?

It will still sort, but alphabetically... if the numbers are all the same length, it should still work

JM
Nickel Contributor

Not to get to far off track of his formating question. If he wants to Sort SS# and not have commas show up it will require the Charc Type field and needs to insert leading zero's to be sure each records SS field data has same length of characters for sort to work..

I really wish Sage would tackle this Field type format better like Durkin's Contact list Plus for Column formats.

JM