Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes displayed are for a different contact

Notes displayed are for a different contact

Lately I've noticed that when I search for a Contact record and open the Details view, sometimes the notes that are displayed are for either the last Contact that I was working with or else it is for one of the Contacts that another User (on the same Database) has open on their screen. When I refresh the page, it reverts back to the last Contact that I had open. I am only able to see the notes if I close the browser and re-open, or if I create a new note & save it.

I am using ACT! Premium hosted (Web), occurs in IE, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Administrator

Re: Notes displayed are for a different contact

Hi Kiki,

This was a known issue in a couple areas of the Premium web interface, although these were addressed in recent updates.
What version of Act! Premium are you running on your server?

Hello Gary. According to the log in screen it is v. 18.1.108.0

Administrator

Hi Kiki,

We are currently beta testing the v18.2 update which also includes improvements to these areas. The update will be available soon. Please let us know if the issue persists after you have installed this update.
Copper Contributor

I can confirm that sproadically, this problem still exists. I can't seem to replicate under which conditions, but they do persist. Also, please tell me the Font issue is resolved with v18.2. It's extremely frustrating that we cannot properly change fonts in Chrome/Firefox when entering new history/notes.

Thanks

Hi JagStyles. I echo your frustrations with the font/sizing as well. We've found that when entering notes in any other browser other than IE the spacing gets all messed up too. When we save the note in Chrome/Firefox, it removes the spaces between words. When I go back in to edit and add the spaces back, it removes other spaces somewhere else. I was also told that this would be resolved in future updates but so far it's exactly the same.

Copper Contributor

I feel your pain @kiki47. What has become quite clear is that the Web version was not ready for mainstream. It's really just in BETA format as we speak with literally hundreds of outstanding issues. The font one is driving me nuts and how this is not something they addressed right away is beyond me.

I work in a small team and we made the decision 9 months ago to go with Act over Salesforce but I'm starting to regret that decision a little bit. I'm hanging in there and hoping they get all these issues fixed.

[ Edited ]

@JagStyles We've been using ACT for the better part of a decade but were forced to move over to the hosted (web) platform by our company last fall for computer security reasons. We are at our wits end with the laundry list of limitations that the web version can't do over the desktop software. If I could turn back time, we never would have stayed with ACT. In over a year there have not been any significant improvements from previous versions. In fact, with each update we discover a new issue.

Copper Contributor

Interesting, we moved over to the Web version because we didn't want to have to worry about syncing changes among all the various users and having real-time access to the most updated information.

Unfortunately, the web product is an absolute mess. It's all about the little things too, not big feature requests e.g: font changes, logging in without it taking over a minute (should be almost instant), and the list goes on and on. Extremely disappointed. Unfortunately, right now, I think we are too far along the road to look at something else but with Microsoft's recent purchase of LinkedIn and them aggressively improving Dynamics CRM, I may look at them.