Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes and Calendar To Dos Disappeared After Act! 2012 Premium Reinstall

Copper Contributor

Notes and Calendar To Dos Disappeared After Act! 2012 Premium Reinstall

Horrible disaster! Can someone please help?

I have Sage ACT! Premium 2012 Version 14.0.572.0, installed on a local desktop machine, not shared, running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Power went out, system crushed and the OS had to be reinstalled. OS was upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro in the process. Then Act! was reinstalled. Both Act! and Windows 10 have been before, and are residing after the crush now, on drive C:. Act! databases, however, have always been on an external, 4TB drive O: and were not affected by the crush at all.

I opened the Act! database on O: after everything was back to normal (or so I thought!) and was shocked to see that the database now had the same number of records it had when I originally created it!. The database was originally created by importing an Excel 2016 spreadsheet into it, two or 3 months ago! Additional contacts that I added, Notes and To Do items on the Calendar for old and newly added contacts ALL DISAPPEARED! It's like I traveled several months back in time. (They don't call it Sage Act! 2012 Premium for nothing, you know! Trips back in time are included at no extra charge!!!). 

Carefully examining the contents of the database folder on O:, I have noticed a file named Notes.csv that I have not seen before I started adding contacts and creating notes and todo's for them. I opened it up in Excel 2016 and saw new contacts, and other edits I made to the database. I imported this Notes.csv into the database, and some newly added contacts and other edits I made to the database appeared, but the Notes fields and calendar ToDo's fields are still wiped out clean for all contacts, new and old. Countless hours of work down the drain!  What kills me is: how could the data have changed when the drive has not been affected at all? Looks like Act!'s links to Notes and ToDo's fields have somehow gotten screwed up, and even though the data is there, it is not linked up at all to the database where they belong. PLEASE HELP!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Notes and Calendar To Dos Disappeared After Act! 2012 Premium Reinstall

[ Edited ]

Your best bet is to contact a local Act! Consultant.

One way to find one is to go to the http://partners.act.com site and look for one in your area.

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, David, but what do you think a local guru going to be able to discover locally that I have not already stated in my very detailed description? Especially since I have attached a screenshot of what everything looks like?

@dshaw111wrote:

Your best bet is to contact a local Act! Consultant.

One way to find one is to go to the http://partners.act.com site and look for one in your area.

HTH

Bronze Elite Contributor

A local ACC will be able to look at more detail and probably resolve the issue. This is best done on your PC and very difficult if not impossible remotely.

Do you expect your garage to fix your car remotely or do you take it to them?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Contributor

OK, thanks.