Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Notes/History Report Not Providing Comprehensive Data

elm

Notes/History Report Not Providing Comprehensive Data

I am trying to run the Notes/History Report, but it is missing a bunch of data. If I look on my calendar, there are several to-dos, calls, etc. that I completed, but they are not all showing up on the report.

I am careful to choose myself as the user under all three tabs (General/Note/History), and "All Contacts" is selected. I also make sure to check all options under History (History/Email/Attachments)-- although there is no option for To-Dos or Calls, they should still be included as history, right? 

The report generates only about half of the history that exists for the time period I selected (this week). I can't determine any rhyme or reason to which histories are picked up, and which are ignored-- help! If the report isn't accurate, it's of no use...

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Notes/History Report Not Providing Comprehensive Data

For what you want that the incorrect selection of the user filters. Try all users on the general tab (selectes contact records) and the specific user on the notes and history tab.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
elm

Great, that did it, thank you so much!!!! One last question though-- the report doesn't seem to be in any noticeable order. Is there a way to make it print in alphabetical order by company name, or would I have to create a custom report for that?

Platinum Elite Contributor

It would require modification of the report template. I believe the default is by contact name.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
elm

OK, thanks so much!!