Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not all contacts are syncing with one remote database 2009 Premium

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Not all contacts are syncing with one remote database 2009 Premium

I have been running ACT for 6 years. Current version is 2009 Premium 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4. Currently have just 3 users syncing to a dedicated server at Godaddy.  Recently, my assistant was having a number of problems with her laptop. It was Microsoft related. Outlook kept crashing on her laptop. So, I swaped out her laptop with the identical model (Compaq). I set her all up. It runs Windows 7 just as I do on my Toshiba. Her OL problem went away. Everything seemed to be working fine for the past month. Recently, we discovered that not all of her contacts were syncing. After about 3-4 weeks of her running on the new laptop, I discovered that  I had not installed the Hotfix 4.

Two days ago I installed Hotfix 4. I rebooted, synced several times. Reindexed a few times. Same problem. Not all contacts are syncing. Note: I made no changes to her sync set.  The information I've seen that is not syncing is: data in custom fields on exsiting contacts and any new contacts that have been added.

Also, when I am syncing her remote, it gets hung up for several minutes sending and receiving files. Way longer than it should. Even after performing a sync. It doesn't matter. It takes a minimum of 15 minutes to get through that part. Mine, takes seconds on my remote when there is little to know changes to sync. Hers says it is syncing 89 files and over 15 MB. Mine says 405 KB and only 5 files.

Any suggestions?  Is the problem due to the fact that I had her on a version without the hotfix 4 for a few weeks before finding this problem?  Do I need to start from scratch and recreate a new Remote DB for her? That is what I am thinking I need to do. Any help would be greatly apprecited!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Not all Contacts Syncing to remotes from Main database.

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks for your help!

I recreated the RDB. I think that because I created the RDB from the server with hotfix 4 and then running the RDB for 3-4 weeks before finding the problem, I think a new RDB was the only fix I could do.

BTW - it takes about 12 hours to download a 4GB RDB from my dedicated server at www.godaddy.com to my agent's computer.  Thank God it completes without crashing. But, is there a faster way to transfer files?  I currently use "Remote Desktop" to transfer files.

As I add more agents, this is going to become a bigger and bigger problem.