Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Not able to create a remote database

Not able to create a remote database

Running ACT! Premium 2008 on Vista. I get the error message "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when trying to create a remote database. I had this error at the beginning of the year and got help through ACT! tech support. In the end, I had to create a new database and transfer all contacts, companies, attachments, etc. to the new database. I was then able to create the remote databases. I'm not getting the error again and I would like to avoid having to recreate another database again. I've run the check, repair, and reindex from actdiag, but that doesn't do the trick. Any ideas? Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Not able to create a remote database

You might try the suggestions in this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2gmpex

How many sync users do you have?
Do you have complex (many lines) in the query to create the sync sets for the remote users?

With the exception of reinstalling ACT!, I tried those suggestions in the link and am still getting the error message. We currently have 2 users syncing to the main database.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Can you try opening a demo database and creating an RDB from there... this will show if it's database specific or a problem in the program

Has this issue been resolved? I have the same issue:

- ACT! 2008 Premium ST

- Network Synch

- 11 Users

I really don't want to re-create a new DB and import everything! What will happen to my:

- custom fields?

- custom layout?

- users created?