Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

No records were found when searching for known criteria

New Member
Posts: 17
Country: USA

No records were found when searching for known criteria

I'm running Act! Premium version 16.0.291.0 and I have several users who are experiencing an error message that states "No records were found that match the specified criteria" when we go to Lookup->Contact Activity and select "Changed" contacts since 4/17/17 and we're searching in "Histories".  Some people are further specifying which histories they need (ie: call completed). 

 

They're trying to create a lookup where they've documented calls in history so they can run a report from that lookup.  There are definitely records that fit those descriptions as they all actively document.  Sometimes it will work for one user and not others.  I've tried having them restart Act! as well as their desktops and that doesn't help. I've also run maintenance on the database and that has been hit or miss.

 

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Administrator
Posts: 4,024
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: No records were found when searching for known criteria

Hi Amanda,

Are the users looking for only their history with the contact, or anyones history?
Are the users performing the lookups on their own PC's while logged into their own user accounts?
If the exact same lookups aren't returning results on one PC when it is on another, then this suggests user permissions. Try having both PC's use the same Act user. Does this change the result?
New Member
Posts: 17
Country: USA

Re: No records were found when searching for known criteria

The users are doing a general lookup for any records that have been changed in the database since the beginning of the week.  Most of them opt to only search for histories that have been changed.  From there they're running a customized "Royels" report where it pulls history documented by themselves from the lookup.

They are performing the lookups on their own PCs while logged into their own user account.  All users this has affected have "manager" level permissions in ACT.

At this time I'm having a hard time getting it to work for anyone so I haven't been able to test the Act user scenario.  It will work occasionally, but not consistently for any one user.  I did call Tech Support late last week, but of course it worked perfectly four times in a row for the support person and the second I'm off the phone with him it stopped working.

 

Any other suggestions I can try?

Administrator
Posts: 4,024
Country: United_Kingdom

Re: No records were found when searching for known criteria

Hi Amanda,

If the repeated action is producing different results sometimes, and no other factors are changing, then this would require some more in-depth troubleshooting, ideally over the phone. I can't say this particular issue is one I've heard of before.
It might be worth ensuring that the Act! clients are updated to the most recent version of v16, which is currently v16.3 Hotfix 1.
Platinum Elite Contributor
Posts: 6,663
Country: USA

Re: No records were found when searching for known criteria

Be careful any time you're running a contact report with histories, activities, or opportunities. In most cases you need to select all users on the general tab and then if you want to run the report for selected users, make that selection on the appropriate history, activity or opportunity tab.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129