Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No error message and no ACT

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

No error message and no ACT

This is very strange. ACT appears to have started. But, it is not there. The only window that opens is the window with my alarms. No database window.  Yet, there are no error messages. It accepts my login and password and opens only with the alarm window.

I disabled the virus software and no change.

I am running ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 4 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I have been working for hours on this. I had Geek Squad login and clean up any trojans etc.... But, still, ACT isn't loading and there is no error. It was working fine yesterday.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: No error message and no ACT

Did you ever have a 2nd display connected? The windows may be on the "other" display.
Right click the Desktop, click Personalise
Click Display in the lower left
Click Change display settings
See if it shows two displays.

You can also try moving the windows with the keyboard
Click one of the icons so the program is active. Watch closely, you may see it head off screen when it restores, might be able to tell which direction it is off the screen.
Press ALT+Spacebar
Press M
use the arrow keys to move left, right, up, down, see if you can move it back on screen. Press Enter to stop moving.

View solution in original post

All Replies

ACT! must be loading if the alarms window shows ...

So, forgetting that ACT! 2009 wasn't designed for windows 7, does ACT! show in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen?
Copper Elite Contributor

Yes. Act shows on the lower launch tool bar. I've been running this version of act for a few years on 5 laptops all using Windows 7.

Copper Elite Contributor

I am thinking I should reinstall ACT.

I've seen similar things like that happen running ACT! 2009 on Windows 7, it will work for a while and then quite and nothing will change that including reinstall.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author tbudde
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Did you ever have a 2nd display connected? The windows may be on the "other" display.
Right click the Desktop, click Personalise
Click Display in the lower left
Click Change display settings
See if it shows two displays.

You can also try moving the windows with the keyboard
Click one of the icons so the program is active. Watch closely, you may see it head off screen when it restores, might be able to tell which direction it is off the screen.
Press ALT+Spacebar
Press M
use the arrow keys to move left, right, up, down, see if you can move it back on screen. Press Enter to stop moving.

Another option:
Click the icon in the taskbar to ensure that the program has focus. Then hold down the Windows key and press the right-arrow a few times. That should move the window across your screens and eventually bring it back onto the screen that is still active
Copper Elite Contributor

Mike,

It is something to do with the monitors. I always have an external monitor. After doing a reinstall, that didn't fix anything. Then I noticed that the window was quicly disapearing off to the right of the second screen. I disconnected that screen and it did the same thing on the one screen. I will try your key strokes out and see if I can bring it back into view.

Copper Elite Contributor

Thank you so much!!!

The Alt+spacebar+M and arrow kesy did the trick. It's back!  Thanks again!!

Never know why people want to resinstall ACT! so often ... most issues are to do with Microsoft or other drivers