Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No Email Systems Available in ACT! 2009

Nickel Elite Contributor

No Email Systems Available in ACT! 2009

Installed ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2009 (11.0.0) on a client's machine.  No email systems are available when trying to configure the email system through the Setup Assistant or through Tools - Preferences.   Just a big, blank, white box.  Not even Outlook Express or Internet Mail is available, let alone MS Outlook.  Uninstalled ACT!, removed Program Files directory, reinstalled.  Deleted all Preferences and Preferences backups.  Used ACT! Uninstaller, reinstalled.  No luck with any of these methods.  Any ideas out there?
-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech Consulting Group, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants - Diamond Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: No Email Systems Available in ACT! 2009

You are an Admin?

What OS?

If on a Domain, could be some domain security?

I realise it's not the same issue, but maybe try the suggestions as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/4h2h9k

Nickel Elite Contributor

The issue here is that for whatever reason, the Microsoft Visual C++ RUNTIME libraries are not complete on the machine(s) in question.

Please try this:

1) On the machine in question, close ACT! 2009 and open the control panel | add/remove programs option.

2) Find the line item called "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022" and remove it from the system (repair does not fix this).

3) From your ACT! install media, open the folder called "Dependencies".

4) Launch the package called "vcredist_x86.exe" and allow it to install on your machine. 

5) Next, open a command (DOS) window and navigate to the installed location of ACT! i.e.(%Program Files%\ACT\Act for Windows)

6) From this location, execute these commands in this order:

a) actemail -unregserver
b) regasm /unregister Act.Framework.Interop.dll
c) regasm /unregister Act.Application.Interop.dll
d) regasm /codebase Act.Application.Interop.dll
e) regasm /codebase Act.Framework.Interop.dll
f) actemail -regserver  

7) Launch ACT!

You should now see all the mail transport options availble on your machine.

If you are uncomfortable with the steps provided above, after completion of step 4, you can also uninstall ACT! 2009 and reinstall it from your ACT! 2009 media.

Hope this helps,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden
Nickel Contributor

I just dealt with this issue on Friday where 5 out of nine PC's had the same problem.

After an hour with Tech support we got nowhere, so I elected to uninstall ACT! 2009 Premium on these five separate computers with the same problem, and re-install with a separate install package. The CD provided by Sage was faulty, but the downloaded version from the partners site worked like a charm.

I tried three separate ways of uninstalling, and all three worked so go with the least problematic - namely using Add/Remove Programs and leave the Instance of SQL installed. I tried using the ACT uninstaller on one machine, but it made no difference.

Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca