Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No Alarm Tasks!

No Alarm Tasks!

One of my users is not receiving her pop up alarms for scheduled tasks. We have 5 users and she is the only one experiencing this problem.

Any suggestions or reasons as to why this is happening?

Thank you!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: No Alarm Tasks!

Have you tested by creating a new activity with an alarm of 10 minutes, and start time of the current time?  Just to verify that the alarms for the activities hadn't been cleared? 

If you experience the same behavior, it may be resolved by rebuilding the Sage ACT! preference files.  Here is an article with instructions (use the section 'Alternate Method: Manually Rebuilding Preferences'): KB Article 14770

Greg Martin
Sage

we have done several test tasks and no alarms pop up. We are using the Sage ACT 2013 web based version. I thought it had something to do with her browser settings and had our it guy look at it but it doesn't seem to be the problem.

Silver Contributor

The part about Sage ACT! for web is a bit of key information. Try this: on another machine have that user login and see if the alarms pop-up. Concurrently on the user's machine login as a different user and see if alarms pop-up this a let you isolate the problem to either the machine or to the users profile.

Let us know if you find.

My first guess would be this has something to do with either browser compatibility or settings. Make sure that the browser that user is using is the same as everyone else's, and also in a supported browser version. You can find a list of supported browser versions by searching for system requirements for the version of Sage ACT! that you have.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

That's exactly what I was thinking it could be. Thank you so much for the help!