Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie- New 'Stanadard' Database: Opportunity 'Total' & 'Weighted' Fields Locked

Newbie- New 'Stanadard' Database: Opportunity 'Total' & 'Weighted' Fields Locked

Hi All,

I have been assigned to 'fix the Act!' system for our company after yet another consultant has left it basically non-functional from the outside sales & forecasting perspective.  I have some experience with the Act 2000ish and am no dummy (other than accepting this assignment- had no choice anyway...).  It seems my best course is to start with a fresh slate and learn as I go rather than mess with the Gorgon's knot that exists.

So I have set up a small test database based on the standard 'as it opens' ACT! database format and picking my way through the obvious without any documentation top learn as I go.  In the process of trying to 'create an Opportunity' I have discovered the 'Total' and 'Weighted' fields are shown 'locked' in the Tools/Opportunities/Define Fields menu, along with 'Gross Margin'.  I cannot enter any values or find a path to do so.  I tried creating an ACT! formatted quote but that would not get the numbers into the 'Total' field.  I assume the software is protecting me from scewing some thing up...  I searched the 'Help Site'  but no luck.

Where do I enter this information without changing any part of the basic original format?  Any advice on how to unlock and enter the dollar values of quotes, probabilities, GPM etc would be much appreciated.  If I find a way to unlock these fields, what am I messing with in the background?  I am logged in as Administrator of course...

TIA,

Bill

Re: Newbie- New 'Stanadard' Database: Opportunity 'Total' & 'Weighted' Fields Locked

Hi All, Thanks for reading. I found it...

DOH!