Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New (to me) History Queue Error type

Bronze Contributor

New (to me) History Queue Error type

I'm pretty familiar with the common error types thrown by ACT.OUTLOOK.SERVICE.EXE, but I have one client who's getting too many of these xml.error - any suggestion where to start?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<outlookhistoryerror>
<error type="LastError">
<lastdatetime>4/21/2012 7:20:50 PM</lastdatetime>
<firstdatetime>4/21/2012 7:20:50 PM</firstdatetime>
<message>Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.</message>
</error>
<error type="System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException">
<firstdatetime>4/21/2012 7:20:50 PM</firstdatetime>
<lastdatetime>4/21/2012 7:20:50 PM</lastdatetime>
<message>Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.</message>
<count>1</count>
</error>
</outlookhistoryerror>

Signature
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: New (to me) History Queue Error type

A place to start:
You can see if there is a particular email attempting to record and causing the errors by moving all of the emails out of the History Queue to a safe folder, restart the service - check for errors...

If no errors, start moving emails back into the queue (individually or in small groups) and watch the Event Viewer for the errors to begin again.

If the History Queue is empty and still receiving errors, has the machine been rebooted recently? If not, reboot to release memory and restart service. Check for errors.
Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Thanks Greg,

Subsequently found that the QPath registry entry was missing (would love to learn why it has been there for years and decided now to disappear).  And I always keep the Task Manager up when troubleshooting - most installations seem to error out at about 640MBytes or thereabouts.

btw, the QPath entry disappeared for 2 users on the Terminal Server at abou the same time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Signature
Bronze Contributor

Thanks Greg, but I know how to troubleshoot email attaching errors - and I'm familiar with the usual errors found in the xml.error file.  My question was more about "Hmm, here's an error type that I haven't seen before, and I've never seen mention of it and it doesn't appear in the recommended error handlers xml file, can anyone explain that this particular error means."  Whereas I am familiar with the NoContactsFound error and OutOfMemory error.  But I've never seen this Reflection error - what is it trying to say?

Signature