Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New to ACT! Lots of ?'s

New to ACT! Lots of ?'s

Hi everyone, I'm new to ACT! and have been charged with it's maintenance. While I do have significant experience in SQL and other CRMs, ACT is a new one. Hope someone can help me out with a few questions...

1.) One of our sales people have scheduled a call for the 9th, but it is showing up on both the 9th and the 10th on her computer. For everyone else in the company, it is only showing up on the 9th. Any thoughts?

2.) Is there a way to query a result by
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: New to ACT! Lots of ?'s

Thanks for the reply Mike.

As for the 1st issue, the duration is for 10 minutes but our sales person doesn't know the start time. Kind of vague I know, but I'm not getting much info from them other than that

Sorry for the 2nd issue, must have got cut off. Essentially, I'm looking to create a query that I can select for actions which have NOT occured. Ex: Find a contact that has not been contacted in a certain time frame. At first glance, it didn't look like there was a way. Only to query on data that is entered in.

Thanks again for the reply and for any assistance that you can provide.

1. Are the users looking at the same activity and seeing it differently?

2. Lookup | Contact Activity - Not changed

1. Yeah, we are all seeing it as scheduled for the 9th. Whereas the one who created it shows it for the 10th.

2. I'll give it a go. Thanks!

Thanks again!

I'd check the Date, Time and Regional settings on the machine.

How about if you log in as the other user from your machine?

Is it only one activity?

It is only one activity. I thought it might be a rollover, but it's just a one time thing.

I'll check the date info

Unfortunately, I have to wait until she's no longer using the machine (selling) to log her out of it.

Thanks again for the prompt reply. I'll check these items and see what happens. Take care!

It's pretty much a dummy terminal that is remoting into another workstation to access. I can't access her system info to check on time and date settings. Maybe should have mentioned earlier, it's 2 timezones away but as far as I know this is the only time this has occured.

So it's not synchronisation.

If it's a late activity, it might be in the next day with the time zone change.

ACT! does take time zones into account when scheduling so that Web and Sync users in different zones can see local times.

Maybe that one activity was created with a different time zone setting.

At least you have a few things to look for