Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New contacts in remote database disappear after synchronization

Bronze Contributor

New contacts in remote database disappear after synchronization

ACT! 2010 (12.1) Premium 

1. Desktop1 subscriber db syncs back to publisher db at RTGroup - 'User1' on Desktop1 has admin rights
  2. Desktop1 also shares the subscriber db to Desktop2 - 'User2' on Desktop2 has standard rights.
  3. Both Desktops' Record Creation Options set Limited Access on all new contacts just to User1 and User2
  4. User1 and user2 enter new leads into both desktops.
  5. Following synchronization, new leads disappear from the datdabase to both users.
  6. Can log into the Web version of the publisher database and leads are there, and Limited Access is set to User1 & User2.
  7. Change access to Public, sync, and leads now appear in the subscriber db.
  8. The Sync set is set to include all available contacts and ALL users (more than just User1 and User2) are included in the sync set.  Is this the problem?  Should I have not included other users who don't need to login to Desktop1 or Desktop2?
  9. If I remove those other users mid-stream, will Sync notice that and adapt to the change?
Signature
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: New contacts in remote database disappear after synchronization

Kevin -

Am I understanding correctly that what you have seem to uncovered is not that the contact records are being deleted or not synced to remotes, but that the record level security is not being applied correctly and is hiding records that in fact the users should be able to see?

Bronze Contributor

Yes Scott,  that's a good way of explaining it.

Signature
Bronze Super Contributor

I guess you have nothing to lose to try removing "extraneous" users from the sync set, do you?