Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Remote User cannot open Remote Database using his User Name

New Remote User cannot open Remote Database using his User Name

I have added a new remote user (standard) and sent him a remote database.  He has installed ACT 10 Premium and updated to my current version of software.  The use has downloaded and restored the rdb; however, upon opening the rdb after restore, he cannot logon using the user name and password assigned.  He receives an error of "unauthorized user".  I find that he can open the database using my logon (as administrator).  I've checked the Users in the master database and the remote user is listed with the logOn Status as "Active-Pending".  Using the restored database and my logon (administrator), the database base will sync with the master database.

I've verified that the Sync Set is assigned to the remote user.  I have previously setup two other remote users with no problem.  One of these remote uses has retired and his program was uninstalled from his computer along with his user name being removed from the master database.  I have assigned the program along with the original registration number to the new remote user.

What do I need to do to make the new user the owner of the remote data base using his user name and password?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: New Remote User cannot open Remote Database using his User Name

Log onto the remote using your administrative credentials, go to the manage users and verify the user account logon name, reset the password if necessary.

Test your new credentials and sync.

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

I have run into this problem twice in the last week.  The offered solution does not work.

We have 6 different sync sets for the users we have.  Can you not add a new user to an existing sync set?  It seems like this did not cause problems in the past.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Copper Super Contributor

My guess on the original post was that it was simply a problem applying the correct credentials in the remote, and not  a sync set issue. You may be having a different problem with the sync sets.

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA