Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Fields, Read Only Fields, and Linking fields between Contacts and Companies...

RC

New Fields, Read Only Fields, and Linking fields between Contacts and Companies...

I am running Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hotfix 1.

I would like to create new fields in Contacts, i.e. Yes/No checkboxes, make those fields Read Only, and link the newly created fields to fields with the same attributes (i.e. Yes/No checkboxes) in Companies.

For example, I want all contacts from a single company to display a "check" if that company offers a particular product.

However, even with the field level security set to Read Only, the fields in Contacts do not restrict the users from selectiing/inputting in the field, and after I make changes to the Linked field in Companies, the Linked field in Contacts does not change.

I even have tried it with a different type of field (i.e. a "Character" field), and though the Read Only restriction does seem to work there, the Linked field will not update.

The only updating the Linked Field seems to work is if I use a "Character" field and do not restrict the field in the Contact window to be Read Only.  But this defeats the purpose, since I want the input in the Company window to drive what is in the Contact window.

Any ideas?