Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Field does not show in layout view 1024x768

New Field does not show in layout view 1024x768

I created a new field and it shows in the web-based version.  It also shows on the 1366X768 layout view on my local machine. However it does not show in the layout view 1024X768.

When adding the field using the layout 1024x768 - I get the following error: Error Saving layout:access to the path (lists the path) layouts/basiccontactlayout-1024X768.cly is denied.

Any suggestions?

I am using ACT! premium.

Database is a shared server, some users use web-base and some have ACT on local machine. 

Operation system is windows 8

J G
Copper Contributor

Re: New Field does not show in layout view 1024x768

Have you put a lot of work into the 1024x768 contact layout? Or is it just one or a few fields added?

If you can replicate the 1024x768 layout quickly, you could close Act!, and try to move all of the layouts from the databases/ "Your Database Name"-database files/Layouts folder to your desktop, reopen your Act! Database (forcing Act! to recreate the standard Layouts), and then fix the 1024x768 layout to your needs. Save and exit Act! again, then reopen the Layouts folder, delete all but the 1024x768.cly layout you just fixed. Then drag all but the faulty 1024x768.cly layout that was giving you errors back into the folder.

It is just one field.

J G wrote:
Have you put a lot of work into the 1024x768 contact layout? Or is it just one or a few fields added?

If you can replicate the 1024x768 layout quickly, you could close Act!, and try to move all of the layouts from the databases/ "Your Database Name"-database files/Layouts folder to your desktop, reopen your Act! Database (forcing Act! to recreate the standard Layouts), and then fix the 1024x768 layout to your needs. Save and exit Act! again, then reopen the Layouts folder, delete all but the 1024x768.cly layout you just fixed. Then drag all but the faulty 1024x768.cly layout that was giving you errors back into the folder.

J G
Copper Contributor

Lock the database down, and give it a try!