Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Error Message for Mail-Merge in Word

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

New Error Message for Mail-Merge in Word

Does anyone else get the following message when attempting to perform a mail-merge using Microsoft Word as the word processor and templates developed using Act!'s template editing capability?

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT:0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_Failure)).

I began receiving this error last week (April 25, 2019) and it does not go away with uninstalling Office and Act! and then reinstalling them. It doesn't matter whether the version of Office is 32- or 64-bit. It also doesn't matter if the merge to document command is initiated after a fresh reboot of the machine or after the machine has been running for several hours.

I've traced back into Microsoft's Office support pages and found that the method of invoking an occurrence of Word through the use of a server command rather than using XML connections to Word is not recommended. It used to work, but now even printing an envelope is a pain. I've temporarily switched to the internal Act! word processor and I'm converting all my forms to use it but the program still recommends Word as the word processor choice (and for good reason, Word has many more features). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Ed

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: New Error Message for Mail-Merge in Word

Try with the suggestions in this article (Although they mention Outlook, you replace it with Word)  CLICK HERE

Best regards,

FIRMA2.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Firstly this fix is from an MS Office forum so may not be relevant but thought I would post it for you to try as it looks like you are running out of ideas.

From what you have reported it looks like another wonderful office update.

Run DCOMCNFG.exe and go to Component Service ->Computers->My Computer->DCOM Config-> check for Microsoft Office Word option and select tab Security.

Here you will get the options for Launch and Activation Permission->select Customize and click on edit and the add the user that will runs your Application with full access.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the idea, I tried this one on my own and with the assistance of Act! technical support, to no avail. Still searching for a solution. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the tip! I have tried this on my own and with the help of Act! technical support, but the error remains. Still searching for the answer. Thanks again!