Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

New Database

Hi all

I am trying to duplicate my database into a blank copy, there is a lot of customisation and custom fields but when i create a database it uses the default set up

Is there any way to create a new database based on my existing one without the data?????

Thanks

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonD
‎01-14-2016 12:00 PM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: New Database

File | Save Copy As | Create an Empty Copy of the Database

should make an identical copy of your database provided you don't have custom tables.  I'm not sure if it will copy custom tables.  The apps from addon vendors that support custom tables can create empty copies for you.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonD
‎01-14-2016 12:00 PM
Silver Super Contributor

File | Save Copy As | Create an Empty Copy of the Database

should make an identical copy of your database provided you don't have custom tables.  I'm not sure if it will copy custom tables.  The apps from addon vendors that support custom tables can create empty copies for you.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for your help on this i will give it a go and report back

PS been gain some help from guys like you been thinking about giving back to the forum by posting my code for other newbies to either use or cut appart
You thoughts on this?

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Administrator

All contributions are welcome! You never know who might find your discoveries useful.

I want to create a 2nd database - Running ACT Premium Web - how do I do that?

Administrator

Hi 4001327047,

New databases should be created on the PC acting as the server for Act!. Click on File > New Database. This will create a new database with a basic layout.
If you've created custom fields and would like them to be retained in the new database, then instead of clicking New Database, click on File > Save Copy As > Create an empty copy of the database.
If you would like to access the new database using the web interface (if in use), you'll need to add the new database in the Tools > Web Site Administration window.

Why do I not see the - Tools > Web Site Administration window.  in Premium Cloud.

Could I create the ACT database on the PC and then use the Migration Tool - same as I did when I originally got started?

Administrator

Ahh, if you are an Act! Premium Cloud customer, this process is different.
You can request that a new database be created for you by submitting a web ticket. Please make sure to mention if you'd like the new database to have the basic default layout, or be a copy of your current database's layout.

Very helpful - thank you!

Thank you!