Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Calendar Layout

New Calendar Layout

We recently upgraded from version 6 to 10 (2008, premium)...
We have multiple users scheduling for multiple people.

When selecting users' activities other than your own, you see the users' name in front of every activity.
The result is a page full of [user name] [user name]... This was not the case in the old version...
I was told by tech support that this was not a user changeable feature.
A Quick search on the web resulted in an additional piece of software ($150) that would give the ability to change the shown fields.
A Quick download of the trial version of that software revealed that it wont work with the current addon we are using (act4advisors)

We have spent a fair amount of money on this "better" version, and I'd rather not have to throw good money after bad at this point.

Please advise how to either make this change with the current program, or what steps would be necessary to suggest this change be incorporated into the next available patch/release.

Peter B
Interactive Comp

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: New Calendar Layout

Peter,
We have an addon for ACT! called Calendar VIew Plus for ACT! (CVP)  that enhancements to ACT's native calendar view. At this time we do not know of any issues with ACT4Adviisors and if we did find any I am sure we would release a hot fix.

You could also post your question directly to us on our addon forum: http://www.durkincomputing.com/ACTAddonForum/

thanks
-- jim durkin

That was the product I tried.
I installed it and the toolbar that should have been on top (to use the product) was not there.
I also noticed that it removed (reset to default?) the Act4Advisors menu options. 

Beyond all of that, it would be nice if this area of (native) ACT had been given some more thought prior to release.
We really don't need all of the bells and whistles that come with the Calendar Addon.. just some simple format changes to make the calendar feature usable within ACT.

ps.  This is also an issue in "week view" (understandably) as there just isn't enough screen real estate to view all of the data that ACT is trying to jam in there... if only I could even move the [user name] to the END of the format

ie...               Activity-to-do, [user name]
instead of ... [user name], Activity

And yes, I've tried Preferences, Settings, Calendar Layout..... None of those options make a lick of difference.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Jim's pretty good with support from what I hear... I can't see why the 2 add-ons wouldn't work together, but he should be able to look at it for you