Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New Act User Questions

Copper Contributor

New Act User Questions

Act Premium 2008 ST (10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1)

A few questions for you kind folks:

1.  Outlook 2003 (Exchange 2003) and plugin.  If I create a new message, act toolbar is present.  Keeping that open, create second new message...no Act toolbar.  Keeping both open, create third new message...Act toolbar is present.  Essentially every other open email lacks the Act toolbar; nor is it an option in the message toolbar.  How can I get this to showup every time.

2.  Is there a way to open tasks in a separate window?

Bronze Contributor

Re: New Act User Questions

Maybe if you left it a little longer before creating the second message and it is a timeing issue? I always create me messages from ACT are you doing them from Outlook or from ACT and maybe you could try the later
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

joecrowe@brassmedia.com wrote:

Act Premium 2008 ST (10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1)

2.  Is there a way to open tasks in a separate window?

Not sure if this is what you're looking for - Tools | Preferences | Startup | Open each view in its own window

Copper Contributor

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm really looking for the ability to open tasks side-by-side (different monitor).  If the windows could break free from the constraints of the original window....

Copper Contributor

Hi Paul,

My user base works in Outlook.  I think it's weird as all getout that one would be composing several messages at a time, but several of them do indeed work in this fashion.  It's 100% reproducible with every instance that I have.  I suspect it's a bug in the Outlook Plugin.

thanks,

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm really looking for the ability to open tasks side-by-side (different monitor).  If the windows could break free from the constraints of the original window....

Not an option at this time...although, if you stretch the ACT! main window across both monitors, it might do it.

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.

Hi Paul,

My user base works in Outlook.  I think it's weird as all getout that one would be composing several messages at a time, but several of them do indeed work in this fashion.  It's 100% reproducible with every instance that I have.  I suspect it's a bug in the Outlook Plugin.

thanks,

I couldn't replicate it, but I'm using Outlook 2007... I might try it with 2003 if I get a chance to install it in VMware.

Does the user have any other plugins in Outlook? Might be some odd conflict.

Have to made sure Office is updated and tried running an Office Repair?